How do I learn more about recycling?
If you live in the Portland metro area, the best resource is the Oregon Metro website. They can assist you with any question about what can be recycled and where. Just search the “Find a Recycler” page, or call them at 503-234-3000
Where can I recycle…
- Plastic Film Recycling Drop-off Locations: https://www.plasticfilmrecycling.org/recycling-bags-and-wraps/find-drop-off-location/
#2, #4, #5 and #6 plastics
- Denton Plastics: http://www.dentonplastics.com/
- Far West Recycling: http://farwestrecycling.com/
- James Recycling: http://www.recyclingadvocates.org/james-neighborhood-recycling-service-hosts-eastside-collection-event/
Local Expert Forums and Tips
Education and Certification Opportunities
If you’d like to become an expert in recycling, consider these two sources:
- Master Recycler Programs (across Oregon)
- Recycling 101 online training (open to everyone, even outside Oregon)
- Discounts available for AOR members
Local Portland Area
- Trash Talking with Eco Warriors with Barbara Lee
- Why Have We All Been Recycling Plastic for 30 Years?
- BagMindr – App that reminds you to bring your reusable bags when you get near your favorite grocery store.