If you have any questions, please call or text Brion at 321-271-5361
Prior to Event
Prepartion – Learn about Recycling Advocates
- About: http://www.recyclingadvocates.org/about/
- Accomplishments: http://www.recyclingadvocates.org/our-accomplishments/
- BYOC Campaign: http://www.recyclingadvocates.org/single-use-coffee-cup-reduction/
Bring with you:
- Master Recycler badge (if applicable)
- Tabling supplies (RA will contact you if you are required to bring supplies)
- Reusable water bottle (no bottled water) – you will be talking a lot!
- Setup table per the event guidebook (located in the event kit)
How to engage in dialogue with attendees:
- Do you drink coffee?
- Do you know the rules about recycling coffee cups?
- Do you know that coffee cups are not recyclable?
- Have you heard about the BYOC campaign?
- Do you own a reusable coffee cup or water bottle?
Key messages to convey:
- Coffee cups are not recyclable in curbside due to plastic embedded within the cup
- We are encouraging people to bring their own cups, or dine in with a “for here” real cup
- We are also working with coffee shops to help promote this idea to their customers
- Take some free stuff and/or share our campaign with friends, family and co-workers
- We are looking for volunteers to help us table at events and talk to coffee shops
- We are taking pledges to those who want to start reducing their coffee cup usage (or continue to if they are already doing it)
- Keep track of the number of people you interact with (will be needed for Master Recycler volunteer hours). Use clicker(s) provided in the box of supplies
- Take photos of the booth, the event venue, and have someone take a photo of you in front of the booth
- Post to social media, tag RA using @raoregon (Twitter) and Recycling Advocates (Facebook), using #byoc #choosetoreuse #coffeecups
- If you want to setup the bean bag and coffee cup knockdown game, that is optional (based on space around you). You can have kids try and knock down a stacked pyramid of coffee cups with the bean bag.
- Pack up supplies neatly, and help clean up at event
- Return supplies to RA contact person or provided location. Contact RA directly from the website at http://www.recyclingadvocates.org/contact/ if you are unsure.
- Contact us if you notice that we are very low on supplies
- Take photo of pledges and newsletter sign up forms, and email it (along with photos from the event) to Adrienne@recyclingadvocates.org
- Find out how many people were at the event in total (will be needed for Master Recycler volunteer hours)
- Record volunteer hours on the Master Recycler website at http://www.masterrecycler.org/
Thank you for your help!!