About 25 supporters attended our annual virtual meeting live on Sept 29th, 2020. We had almost 70 registered guests for the event, but our event competed head-to-head with the Presidential debate.
Watch the video below in case you missed it!
At this year’s event, we hosted a panel discussion who are either promoting or running a zero waste business.
- Good Intent with Alex Gamboa Grand
- Pajaro Café with Lindsey and Rogelio Landaverde
- The Refill Center with Leah Ashley
- Straight Up Eco with Elizabeth Alvillar
We voted in our new term of board members and named our new officers for 2020-2021
We also shared an update on our four campaigns:
- Zero Waste
- Plastic Upcycling
- Bring Your Own Cup (BYOC)
- Statewide Outreach
We also had barking dogs, technology difficulties, kids needing help in the bathroom, package-free breastfeeding, compost sharing, and more!
- 6:00-6:20 Kickoff and Introductions, New Board Members, Networking
- 6:20-7:00 Zero Waste Business Panel Discussion
- 7:00-7:20 Networking and Campaign Updates
- 7:20-7:30 New Officers for 2020-2021, Q&A, Wrap Up
Our networking included two 5-minute breakout rooms where attendees were assigned randomly.
Other websites discussed include:
- James Recycling – Plastic and styrofoam collection events
- Earthen Exchange – Evelyn’s zero emission delivery business
- EarthShare Oregon – Workplace giving program for environmental nonprofits in Oregon (we are a member)
- ShareWaste.com – Composting bin share program
If you enjoyed the event, please consider a donation to support our campaigns! Or share the video with others who might enjoy it.