Our Annual Report for 2018-2019 is now available for download (see link below).
Key Activities in FY 2018/19 (7/1/18 – 6/30/19)
- Hosted the first Zero Waste conference in October, attracting 100+ attendees and raising $1500 for RA
- Our BYOC (Bring Your Own Cup) campaign has worked with 25 local coffee shops to help educate their coffee drinkers about the impact of the disposable cups. We also have almost 300 online pledges from people to stop using disposable coffee cups.
- Supporting Right to Repair state legislation
- At our annual meeting in October of 2018, we highlighted the plastic ordinance activity happening in the City of Portland
- Our long-time Resource Director, Adrienne Welsh, resigned. She helped keep RA running smoothly for the past few years. Former board member Denise Slattery has taken over as Resource Director.
- We continued RA’s involvement with the Master Recycler Program, including training community volunteers.
- Our Instagram account was setup, and has achieved 500+ followers
Download the entire report: Annual Report 2018-19