Our annual report for 2017-2018 is now available for download
Key Activities in FY 2017/18 (7/1/17 – 6/30/18)
- Recycling Advocates continued a Metro region wide campaign to encourage the use of reusable coffee mugs. Our BYOC (Bring Your Own Cup) campaign worked with 20 local coffee shops to help educate their coffee drinkers about the impact of the disposable cups. We also have over 200 online pledges from people to stop using disposable coffee cups.
- Supported the Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative (OBRC) at Double Mountain Brewery for the new return program for 20 oz. beer bottles in 2017, and the expansion into additional breweries in 2018.
- Received a Rockwell Collins Green Grant award for $1000 (3rd year in a row)
- Supported Association of Oregon Recyclers (AOR) by supporting a grant to update the Recycling 101 online training.
- At our annual meeting in September of 2017, we highlighted the work that AOR did on the Recycling 101 online training program, with a presentation from Pete Chism-Winfield, Chair of AOR.
- RA added and lost 1 board member during this fiscal year. We will also be losing a long-time supporter and leader within RA at the end of this year, Betty Patton. She will be greatly missed, and words cannot describe her impact and inspiration on our organization over the years.
- We continued RA’s involvement with the Master Recycler Program, including training community volunteers.
Download the entire report: Annual Report 2017-18